6.15.2013

SPRING CLEANING THE CLOSET


I just finished spring cleaning my closet (yes only now! arghh).  It is already June and all but the weather here in NY seems to take its own course and chooses to fluctuate every single day so it wasn't until this weekend that I decided to really go through my closet.

Spring cleaning is fun for me (not for some, I believe) because I get to have "new clothes" since I basically have forgotten what's in those boxes under my bed. Though, I claim its fun to do, it can be a little tedious and overwhelming.  So,  here's a list of how to spring clean your closet the easy way!

Start with a clean slate. Get everything out of the closet.  Yes, I know it seem counter productive but doing so is the only way you get to see what you have and how much space you have. 
Put up stations: Donate, Throw and Keep. Here's a guideline as to how to go about your piles ----


Donate: Anything that does not fit or you did not wear this season. 
If you didn't wear it this year, chances are you're wearing it anytime soon. 

Throw: Anything broken and ripped.  Anything that is not wearable (basically
you don't want to be seen in public wearing it!)

Keep: Your all-time favorites! Clothes that flatters your body type, classic pieces AKA your basics

Now, the fun part! Aim to purge as much as you can.  As you put your clothes back in your closet, organize them according to your needs -- you can do it by color, or by clothing type (skirts, shirts) or by function (work, night out) etc.  Good Luck!!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment