11.01.2013

DIY FOLDER TABS


Since I have been home for a while, I've picked up some "projects" around the house that I have been too lazy to do.  Today, I worked on my filing bin.  My filing bin is pretty organized but it doesn't look nice, for a lack of a better term, I think its boring and ugly looking.


It does serve the purpose of organizing bank statements, bills, pay stubs, etc. but I wanted to "up" its wow factor and make it pretty enough to look at.  It would have been an easy trip to my local Target store to get some colored folders, but when you have a newborn, you can't just get up and go.  So, with a little creativity, I made my own folder tabs with materials that I already have:  colored paper, 8 1/2 x 11 card stock, packing tape and my ever so reliable label maker.


First step is to choose your paper or card stock for your tabs.  Decide how high or wide you want it to be and add 1/2 inch on the bottom part.


Then the fun part begins! Make your labels.  I have a Brother label maker and I used it to make my labels.  If you don't have a label maker, you can type the labels in Word and attach it to the tabs using the packing tape.  Below is how my filing bin looks now.  A far improvement with the one I originally had.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment