5.03.2014

WHAT TO PACK FOR THE BABY

The LO just had her first family vacation.  We visited her uncle, aunt and cousins in Arizona.  It was a week of firsts -- first airplane ride, first swim and first trip to the shopping outlet.  It was also a first for my husband and myself to travel with an infant and did we screw up!


I'm not going to lie, but I may have over packed for the LO. I think 1/3 of our checked in luggage was her clothes alone and she only got to use half of it.  I also brought a lot of just "in case" clothes that were not even weather appropriate.  And don't get me started with the burp clothes!  As a general rule I think, it is better to have packed more than she needed.  But nevertheless, it is a lesson learned -- pack what is just needed.


The ironic thing is, though we packed more than we needed, we had first official screw up as first time parents.  In my defense, the LO does not go out much because of the long winter that we had here in NY.  On our second day out in Arizona, we forgot the baby wipes in the diaper bag.  The next day, the LO had no diapers and she pooped in her only diaper.  They say, third time is a charm, the next day -- we forgot to pack the formula.  OMG we were such bad parents!  Who forgets formula!? After bickering at each other for 5 minutes, my husband and I just started laughing at how irresponsible we were and how screwed up our daughter will be with us as her parents.  It's nice to acknowledge that we screwed up but of course, we don't want it to be a habit! I came up with this travel check list and diaper bag check list to help my husband and I remember what we need to pack whenever to travel.  Feel free to download it and let me know how useful it was for you.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment