12.04.2014

SEARCH FOR THE PERFECT PLANNER


It's December and the year is almost over! That means it is time for me to search for the perfect planner.  I'm a "paper" kind of person, I write everything and a planner keeps me organized.  I tried several times to go digital but after a few weeks, I would end up getting a planner.  So this year, I'm starting the year right by getting the perfect planner.  I'm not loyal to a specific planner; I think I haven't really found the planner that actually works with my needs.  I have tried a LOT of planners in the past.  I've had a planner since high school and every year, I had a different one each year.



This year, I have the MyAgenda planner.  They come in a small size which is perfect because it fits inside my bag.  Unlike typical planners, this planner has no time schedules.  I think this is the first planner I've had that doesn't have any time or to do section and it is for this reason that I bought it.  It also dissects the daily schedule into 4 sections and allows you to assign tasks such as work/food menu/personal or assign a schedule for each of your family member.  My main issue with this planner is that the mini spiral is available for 18 months... and it is so so thick; about 1 inch I think! I actually tore out the 6 months to make it lighter.  But I am very happy with this planner.  I just don't know if I want to use it again next year.   


Another planner that I have been eying for the longest time is the Erin Condren planner.  I love them.  They remind me of my high school and college planners. They're so colorful and you can customize them.  Initially, I was taken aback by the price.  $50! $50 for the base planner not including the add-ons.  But as I saw one of my co-teachers carry one, I wanted one!! But then, when I held it, I realized how big and heavy it was.  There is no way I will carry this planner around New York city. Or will I?


And as I searched and searched, I stumbled upon Pad Planners.  It is not the most appealing planner to look at; It looks like a basic black planner that you pick up at Staples.  But, it promises a unique system of funneling your projects into a to do list and into your schedule.  This is the only planner that I've seen that is set up this way.  They also come in a small size that will fit my bag.  I am very eager to try it and see whether I will be more organized this coming year.  For $30, I am torn on getting this or not because I know I could get something cheaper from Staples. 


Hopefully, I get to decide which planner to get because next thing you know, January is just around the corner!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment