3.12.2015

DIY ACCENT PILLOWS

Lately, I have been in love with the Scandinavian decor -- clean lines, open spaces, white walls and black accents.  Can it be any more be my style? I am all about the neutrals.  I shy away from color because it just does not work for me.  But Scandinavian? I like.  Actually, I LOVE.  One of the things I love about Scandinavian design is its simplicity.  I love love their accent pillows but they are too expensive! So, I decided to make them!

I already had white and black accent pillow cases, so I really just had to buy the fabric paint.  I used a sweet potato to make my stamps, but a potato will be ideal too. 



Here is my cross stamp.  I used the stick to draw on the cross and cut the edges with a knife.

The half moon is pretty easy. Just cut the potato into quarters.

Here are the finished products!

Don't they look amazing? And it was so easy to do.  I did all three of them in an hour.  I have to admit though that I am not so crazy with the black one but I think the pillow fabric was not that absorbent so the cross isn't as white as I want to be.  But overall, they all came out nice and I am happy.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment