4.09.2015

KID'S MEALS ARE NOT JUST FOR KIDS

Today, I bought the LO her first kid's meal.  Willingly; without her even pulling my arm.  She did not even have to throw a tantrum.  No arms flailing or legs kicking.  Not one tear shed. 



I have always been opposed to the concept of a meal targeted to children that comes with a toy.  Seriously? It's taking advantage of a child!  Not to mention overpriced.  Why buy something that's less than its price value?  Why buy the "meal" that comes with a toy that a child will probably play for 15 minutes?  

But then, I bought the LO a kid's meal.  I bought it l because of the toy that it came with.  I bought her a more expensive "meal" with the promise of a toy that I know she will forget in a week.  At that time while I was deciding to get chicken or pasta,  all that made sense was that I wanted the LO to have the same Jollibee watch that I had when I was a little girl.  I wanted her to have the same exact looking watch whether or not she will enjoy it.  I succumbed to my inner child and bought her a watch based on my childhood memories.  Oh my goodness.   I wonder how many other kid's meal toys I will be buying. 




1 comment on "KID'S MEALS ARE NOT JUST FOR KIDS"