10.01.2013

MOBILE OFFICE

My husband and I live in a 480 square foot apartment in New York City.  Translation: Space is a precious commodity.  Believe it or not, I am a teacher who does not have a desk at home!  Since our apartment is tiny, having a desk specifically for the function of work was just not an option (like that's not a good reason enough!).  So instead of setting up a desk, I opted for an IKEA Billy bookcase for 2 reasons.  First, it gave me a much needed storage and second, it took less space than a desk would.  I used white IKEA boxes to store all my paraphernalia (scrapbooking materials, lesson plans, supplies) and labeled each box with what's inside it.  The printer is set up in the bookcase low enough that I could connect it to the power supply and to my laptop when I need to print without the need to move it.  I purchased a basket from Container Store to hold my "most used" items like pens, stapler, calculator, post-its, etc. which I could easily move to the dining table when I need them. The beauty of this mobile system is that everything has its own place and it doesn't take so much space than a desk would.
2 comments on "MOBILE OFFICE"