10.25.2013

SHOE CLUTTER BASKET

You know how you come into your apartment and take your shoes off by the door and the next thing you know there's like a big pile of shoes and you don't even know how they all got there? Welcome to my world! My husband and I have a no shoe policy at home so we take our shoes off as soon as we enter our apartment.  We are pretty good at making sure we don't bring in the outside dirt, but we're not so good on putting our shoes where they should be.  Thus, the pile of shoes by the door.  What to do.. what to do... I came up with the solution of setting up a "shoe basket" by the door. It's not conspicuous enough to be an eye sore and it blends with our home design and serves the function of de-cluttering the entryway.  



Basically, it functions as a catchall bin for our shoes, our dog's leash and our home slippers.  We toss our shoes in as soon as we come in instead of leaving them on the floor.  This method is easy to maintain  since we don't really have to line up the shoes or anything.  Toss in and you're done.  On the weekend or when I get the time to tidy up, I just put the shoes back in our shoe rack.  Now, I don't have to deal with any pile of shoes anymore!

2 comments on "SHOE CLUTTER BASKET"
  1. I love this idea! We too have a no shoes policy at home but the shoes are becoming an eyesore by the door (even if my little boy lines them all up every time-mini OC in the making). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome! I know what you mean like how the shoes all magically appear by the door!

    ReplyDelete