10.09.2014

DIY COLOR BIN


I made a color sorting wheel for my class today.  My kids for this year are much younger than what I had last year.  I have some color sorting boards from Lakehore but they seemed too distracting for my little kiddos. 



This is an quick and easy DIY and it did not cost me a penny!  This is a fruit pack container from Costco that I recycled.  I like the size of it and that it has divided slots.   

I love how this color bin came out.  I like the fact that there are only 4 slots so the kids can focus on 4 colors at a time and ensure a faster pace of mastery.  The children get to work on their pincer grasp, palmar grasp and eye-hand coordination.  I can also work on literacy by asking the children what they have like "yellow pompom" or "blue circle"; my older children can identify "soft" from "hard" or "big" from "small". I can also extend this activity to turn taking and waiting for turn. 
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment