1.22.2015

LO'S FIRST BAG


The LO is obsessed with my bag.  She dives into it and go for the good stuffs -- my wallet, keys and planner.  She walks around the house with my bag in her arm or my Iphone in her ear.  I figured, I can buy her her own very bag and found this in Amazon: Kidoozie My First Purse

Kidoozie My First Purse

But $30? There is no way everything in that bag is worth that money! So, the thrifty and creative me decided to give the LO her own little bag.  I had everything that I needed:
  • small bag that she can carry around 
  • extra keys with a big key chain 
  • woooden cellphone (not in picture)
  • small notebook 
  • stylus pen 
  • wallet and cards

She loves this bag.  It's the perfect size for her.  This bag is a perfect way of introducing zippers.  Because she can't grasp the zipper tab yet, I put a chain on the tab to make it easier for her to pull it.

One of the things the LO likes to do is get my planner and write on it.  Here she is writing in her 'planner'. She has a small sized notebook and a PDA stylus.  I initially I gave her a pen with a cover but she figured out how to take the cover off.  This is her most beloved activity! She can spend 15-20 minutes just 'writing'.

Another thing I put in her bag is a wallet.  The LO likes to reach for her dad's wallet and take out all the cards.  I gave her own wallet and filled it with old credit cards and membership cards.  I like this activity because it encourages her to use her fingers to take out the cards off the slots.

I refuse to buy toys that I know my LO will get tired of right away.  I think giving her the real things actually helps her figure out how things work through watching my husband and myself. We never taught her how to use the keys but she goes to the door and tries to put the key in the key hole, she uses a pincer grasp when she writes and she managed to figure out how to take a card out of a wallet slot.  I think its amazing how she figured all these by herself.  Children amazes you.  They do.  
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment