1.28.2015

MAMA MIA!

The story revolves about a mom and her daughter who is about to be married.  The daughter wanted her real dad to walk her down the aisle so she invited 3 men who were part of her mother's past hoping to find out who her real dad is. Here is our mandatory selfie in front of the theater prior the show.

 
You can barely see the sign but there's the picture!
I loved the show. I truly honestly enjoyed it.  Mama Mia is very different from the other Broadway shows I have seen.  It's a happy show.  You can see that the actors enjoy themselves.  The songs were all very upbeat and I'm actually familiar with them!

This play hit a nerve.  One scene in the play is when the mom was helping her daughter get ready for the wedding.  She sang a song about how she remembers her daughter  going to school with her backpack and an absent minded smile on her face.  It made me realize how time flies by and it makes me want to spend my days with my daughter mindfully.  We all start with good intentions in anything we do but as life takes it course, we tend to lose track of what is important.  Every now and then, we need a constant reminder of this because life happens and we forget that the LO deserves more of our time. 
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment