2.21.2015

BUSY BIN: STRAWS


 Are you familiar with task boxes? I LOVE them.  Task boxes aims to help children concentrate and focus on a tasks.  Task boxes are very structured.  They have one goal in mind -- transferring one object from a container to another container, sorting objects by color or completing a pattern.  They could also be easily made using a shoe box.  Though I love the idea of task boxes, I do not like the idea of how much space it will take if I were to make them.  We live in a 480 square feet after all.

And so, I thought and thought.  I came up with the idea of using TO GO containers.  Yup.  Those plastic containers from the Chinese place or your every so favorite corner restaurant.  It made a lot of sense really, they are quite small in diameter and they can be stacked! I was sold! I figured, I will call them Busy Bins.

So, the idea is basically the same with the task boxes except that they are in a much smaller scale.  This is the first Busy Bin I made using straws.  The goal is to basically insert the straws into the holes.


Here is the LO playing with it! To make it easier for her to put the straws in I used a sharpie to outline the holes from the inside so that the marker does not fade.


Isn't this an amazing and simple DIY? And storage is a breeze! All I have to do is put the straws inside the container and all done. 
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment