2.02.2015

BECAUSE WE'VE ALL GROWN UP

My friends and I had our yearly Christmas get together 3 weeks ago.  Yes, 3 weeks ago; on a January. Here is our mandatory picture that we instantly posted on FB and instagram just to tell the whole world 'Hey we still go out!'.


Everyone had a busy December with the Christmas season and out of state guests that it was quite difficult to get everyone together in one spot at the same time.  I love seeing my friends.  But, I must disclose that the forthe last year, we probably saw each other less than eight times compared to every week two years ago.  
Do we choose not to see each other? Not really.  Do we opt to see each other more often?  Not either.  The thing is, life happened.  We all got busy.  Some of us including myself have taken the role of a mom.  Some pursued a new hobby.  Some just had more pressing matters to attend to.  It is the norm of life... Priorities change and you deal with it.  That's what life is all about.

 
What I love about our once in a while meet ups is I always get something out of it.  I realized that seeing the girls once in a while is okay.  Going out and having drinks with them once or twice in a year is all I need to cover the 'adventure' that I need for the year.  We've done the going out every weekend, the drinking till 3 am in the morning, the clubbing and the 'why did I drink that much, I won't drink again' mornings.  Been there, done that.  Do I miss it? Damn I do.  Do I want to go back to such a life? No I don't.  My weekends are now about spending it with my LO and husband.  Waking up at 3 am in the morning is about holding the LO in my arms telling her mommy is there.  I've accepted that fact that clubbing and drinking isn't my thing anymore.  It was fun while it lasted.  As my friend simply put "we've all grown up".  And we did.  And its a good place where we know where we stand, we know what we want and we know what matters.  And we know that every now and then when we need that 'adventure', we all have each other. 

Our growing Fab Five Family...
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment