1.25.2016

DIY GINGERBREAD HOUSE


This a very simple and inexpensive class cooking activity for young children. I cannot afford to buy each of my kids a gingerbread house kit so I had to be creative on this one.  

These are all you need: 
• Graham Crackers
• White Icing 
• Sprinkles
• Cheerios
• Gummy Bear
• Paper Plate
• Craft Stick 

This activity is pretty much self explanatory.  The only difficult part is cutting the graham crackers in half to make the triangles.  I wanted perfect triangles but for some reason I could not do it, the edge always cracked.  After 6 cracked triangles, my TA finally convinced me that it was fine not to have a perfect triangle as long as it looks like a triangle.  Oh well, I guess I have to admit defeat!  Nevertheless, the kids had a blast doing this activity.  I squirted icing on their graham cracker and they got to spread the icing with a stick and after they got to decorate it with sprinkles, cheerios and a gummy bear.  The decorations are really up to you, I had to add the cheerios the last minute as the door to make it look like a house.  This activity cost $5 for all my kids and they all got to bring home their gingerbread houses to show off to their mommies and daddies.  
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment