1.22.2014

DIY FRAME FOR IKEA NYTTJA


This is a very easy DIY and so inexpensive.  One wall in our bedroom is painted dark chocolate brown but I had a hard time finding an art that would go above the bed. 

This is a before picture (what was I thinking?):


I searched Pinterest for an ideal art to go on a dark wall and in one of my searches, I came upon an Ikea RIBBA white frame with a black and white photo.  It was very simple and I knew it would complement our brown wall.  However, the cost of the RIBBA frame was $20 and I needed 2 of them, so that will be $40 and I could get a finished frame for that cost.  I stumbled upon the NYTJJA frame which was only $8 but it didn't have a mat but I figured I could make one.


I bought a poster board for $2 and made my own mat.  I then used our engagement photos to go into the frames.   The total cost for the whole project was around $22 including the pictures.


This is how the brown wall looks now.  It is not the best picture with the sun reflecting back but overall, it came out the way I wanted it to be.  Much much better actually.  The frames pop on the wall and the best thing about the frames is that its about me and my husband. 
2 comments on "DIY FRAME FOR IKEA NYTTJA "
  1. So glad I came across this today. I have four NYTTA frames and was stumped on what to do for the matting since the frames are on off-size. (Btw, love that you work with special needs kiddos. I have an autistic son. Keep up the great work!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome! Hope your project comes out nice.
    And yes I love my job. I love parents who appreciate that hard work we put in :)

    ReplyDelete