2.18.2014

B&W CONTRAST PICTURES


When my baby girl was born, I went crazy looking for ways to stimulate her (yes, the teacher in me just had to!).  Upon research, I came across black and white contrast pictures.  As newborns, babies do not have the visual acuity to see the things around them.  What stimulates them are high contrast colors, like black and white. (I have a free printable at the bottom of the page!)


My baby is now 6 months but I played around with these black and white contrast pictures to include it in her surroundings.  This is an accordion I made using cardboard and tape.  I place this on the floor to encourage tummy time. Or I put in front of her propped on a pillow when I have her sitting between my legs so she has something to look at. 


Here is the same accordion that I attach to the crib when I put her down to sleep.  If your baby is able to swat and reach for toys, I advise against using clips.  You can tape it on the rails instead or use velcro.


This is one of LO's favorite.  I made the pictures into a book and she likes it when I "read" to her. But I think she likes it more when she "reads" it AKA put it in her mouth.


I also taped the pictures on the wall to encourage my daughter to look up when she's on tummy time.  She loves looking at the pictures and as she does, it strengthens her neck muscles.


There is a lot of things you could you do with these black and white contrast pictures.  I'd like to make a cube one day sort of like a big dice.  A mat to hang on the wall would look nice too.  These can hang on a mobile too. Let me know if you have any ideas. I'd love to hear from you!

Here is a free printable of a sample black and white contrast that I made.  If you like them, I have a store in Etsy where you could get more pictures.  Enjoy!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/179834857/black-white-contrast-pictures-for-baby
https://www.etsy.com/listing/179825084/black-white-contrast-pictures-for-baby?ref=listing-shop-header-1
1 comment on "B&W CONTRAST PICTURES"
  1. This is a great one. You mentioned you wanted it on a cube or something. Maybe you can buy a big cube print pillow/cushion then transfer these images via an iron on or something.

    ReplyDelete