3.17.2014

DIY CARDBOARD SHELF


I think I outdid myself this time. I made a cardboard shelf. I am upgrading the LO's play area and I needed a shelf to store her new toys.  The LO has started to crawl and explore her surroundings and I am not comfortable with a shelf where she could hit her head.


I started with 4 large boxes of USPS priority mail. You can pretty much use any box that you want as long as they are all identical in size.



I tape all my 4 boxes together and it looks like this:


This is a step that you can skip but I wrapped my shelf.  I think this step took the longest because it was just so difficult to wrap the insides of the box.  The funny thing is, when I was all done, my husband actually asked why I just didn't wrap each box individually and then assembled them together.  I had to learn the hard way. lol.

2 comments on "DIY CARDBOARD SHELF"
  1. This is a labor of love! I had fears of baby bumps too ... on second thought maybe I would've done this if I had thought of it!:) Love all your ideas!

    ReplyDelete