9.06.2014

OLD SCHOOL TOYS


We spent some time last weekend at Toys R Us and I found these classic Fisher Price toys. These toys brings back memories from my childhood.  This music box was one of my favorites.  I really can't remember the songs it played or if it actually played but I know its one of the things I've always played with.  



These are pull toys. I love how basic and simple they are.  You pull and they move.  The phone's eyes closes and opens while the bee's wings twirls as they are pulled.  


This is basic point and shoot camera without the picture window.  You can't have it any more old school than this but I love how a child has to close one eye and peek into the hole.  


I had this TV when I was little.  You turn the knob and the picture changes.  Obviously, they don't make televisions like this anymore!


These toys are very basic.  They are all manually operated.  No batteries needed.  No frills, no lights and no repetitive nursery rhymes.  These are the type of toys I will buy the LO.  They're pretty straightforward.  They don't distract or take away from what a child is learning.  They help the child focus on the skills that they should be learning --- using their fingers as they turn the knob, eye hand coordination as they peek into the camera, cause and effect as they watch TV and walking as they pull on Buzzy Bee.  I am so happy to see these toys in the toy store aisle.  These toys allow kids to be kids again. 
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment